Project Manager - Thompsons Meetings & Incentives
Job DescriptionThompsons Travel (Pty) LTD in Johannesburg has a vacancy in the Thompsons Meetings & Incentives Department (TMI)
We are looking for a competent Project Manager to oversee and organize events that will make an impact to a target audience. You’ll ensure events are successful and cost-effective, paying attention to budget and time constraints. A project manager who understands marketing and promotion techniques. We want to see enthusiastic candidates with fresh ideas and the organizational skills required to not leave anything about an event to chance.
- Plan event from start to finish according to requirements, target audience and objectives.
- Come up with suggestions to enhance the event’s success.
- Prepare budgets and ensure adherence.
- Source and negotiate with vendors and suppliers.
- Coordinate all operations.
- Lead promotional activities for the event.
- Approve all aspects before the day of the event.
- Ensure event is completed smoothly and step up to resolve any problems that might occur.
- Analyse the event’s success and prepare reports.
- At least 3 / 4 years Event Co-ordination or Groups experience
- Incentive experience a must
- Organizational skills, attention to detail, good geographical knowledge, and interpersonal skills, as well as being able to cope under pressure
- Flexibility to work outside of normal working hours
- Ability to travel away from home
- MS Office literacy essential
- Invoice and finance knowledge required.
- Presentation skills
Salary: Market related - depends on experience
How to Apply
- Please apply on this link.
- Should you meet the minimum requirements you will be requested to go through applicable assessments and an interview.